Want to know what’s really going on with the Town of Truckee? Check out Town Manager, Tony Lashbrook’s, blog.
In his most recent entry, he reflects on growth and development during 2013 and looks forward to what’s in store for 2014, writing that “while 2013 was a banner year for the Town of Truckee, 2014 has the potential to be even better.”
Photo credit: www.tahoetruckeehomesales.com
Highlights of new facilities construction and infrastructure improvements Tony mentions include:
- In partnership with the new Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe, the Town opened its new Animal Shelter in the fall of 2103 (side note: it's seriously awesome, go check it out for yourself. It's open Tues - Sat, 10am - 6pm. More info here.)
- As of Feb 1, the Town is halfway through widening Glenshire Drive to enhance safety and provide bike lanes
- The Truckee Legacy trail connecting downtown and Glenshire will be completed this fall
- Partnering with property owners and businesses, the Town is implementing a streetscape plan to dramatically improve sidewalks, plazas, and parking in Brickelltown
- The Town adopted a single-use plastic bag “ban” that will become effective in June
- An updated Trails & Bikeways Master Plan will be released this year, and a measure will be placed on the June ballot so Truckee voters can consider a stable funding source for trail construction and maintenance
Keep doing your snow dances, get involved, and let's hope 2014 proves to be a great year for our little mountain town! You can read the full post here.