Favorite Summer Al Fresco Lunch Spots
When summer rolls around, I notice that we stop going out to dinner and instead tend to treat ourselves to a midday meal, preferably accompanied by a cold adult beverage and always outdoors. More and more options for al fresco dining have been popping up around Truckee, so we figured we'd let you in our five favorite lunchtime hangouts.
1. The Deck at Dragonfly (10118 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee)
The noodle bowls are cheaper at lunch, and they finally have their new shade cover up!
Photo credit: Court Leve Photography
2. The back patio at Fifty Fifty Brewing Co (11197 Brockway Rd, Truckee)
Three little words: cold delicious beer.
Photo credit: Tiffany Michalka
3. El Toro Bravo (10186 Donner Pass Road)
We do miss the trees (why did they cut them down anyway?), but the a la carte tostada is the best lunch deal downtown.
4. PJ’s Bar & Grill at Gray’s Crossing (11406 Henness Rd, Truckee)
Open to the public and, hands down, the best Bloody Mary in town. Fabulous views as well.
5. The Lodge Restaurant & Pub at Tahoe Donner (12850 Northwood Blvd, Truckee)
The big expansion this summer made the deck even better. Lunch daily until September, and earlybird happy hour starts at 2pm if you're looking for a late lunch. Oh, and Pauly makes a mean margarita!